Appeals court temporarily blocks 9/11 plea deals
An appeals court on Thursday temporarily blocked a plea deal for three accused 9/11 plotters in a win for the Justice Department and Pentagon, which had requested this week that the court block the...
View ArticleNATO takes over key asset before start of Trump term
*{box-sizing:border-box}body{margin:0;padding:0}a[x-apple-data-detectors]{color:inherit!important;text-decoration:inherit!important}#MessageViewBody...
View ArticleUkraine doubles down on Kursk ahead of Trump taking office
Ukraine is leaning into its efforts to hold onto the Russian territory of Kursk amid intense pressure from Russian and North Korean forces to take it back, apparently gambling that the region could be...
View ArticleUkraine not yet in strong position for peace talks: NATO chief
NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte said Monday that Ukraine was not yet in a strong position to begin peace talks with Russia ahead of President-elect Trump taking office next week with a pledge to end...
View ArticleHegseth survives attacks from Democrats in testy Senate hearing
Pete Hegseth on Tuesday battled through a high-stakes Senate hearing in which Democrats sought to paint the Pentagon nominee as inexperienced, unprofessional and toxic due to allegations of sexual...
View ArticleHegseth makes his case
*{box-sizing:border-box}body{margin:0;padding:0}a[x-apple-data-detectors]{color:inherit!important;text-decoration:inherit!important}#MessageViewBody...
View ArticlePentagon watchdog finds Austin hospitalization scandal increased security risks
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's hospitalization scandal last year increased national security risks and should have been handled better, according to a new report from the Pentagon's watchdog. The...
View ArticleThe phases of the Gaza ceasefire
*{box-sizing:border-box}body{margin:0;padding:0}a[x-apple-data-detectors]{color:inherit!important;text-decoration:inherit!important}#MessageViewBody...
View ArticleTrump names pick for Air Force secretary
President-elect Trump on Thursday named Troy Meink, a top spy chief who has previously served as a missile engineer, as his pick for secretary of the Air Force. Trump said in a statement on Truth...
View ArticleTrump threats prompt talk of boosting Greenland security
President-elect Trump’s talk of taking over or acquiring Greenland is highlighting bipartisan talks about the need to increase security around the Arctic island and boost defenses in the region. The...
View ArticleWarren pushes for Hegseth's wife to divest from defense company stocks
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) sent a letter Friday to President-elect Trump's Defense secretary pick, Pete Hegseth, asking for his wife to divest from thousands of dollars worth of stock she holds...
View ArticleTrump inherits fragile Gaza ceasefire
The ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, expected to begin its first phase Sunday, has brought relief to the international community but questions about whether the truce will hold — an issue that...
View ArticleActing Defense secretary sworn in as Hegseth awaits confirmation
The Pentagon on Monday swore in Robert G. Salesses as the acting secretary of Defense while President Trump's nominee Pete Hegseth awaits Senate confirmation. Salesses was sworn in just after noon,...
View ArticleMilley portrait taken down from Pentagon
A portrait of retired Gen. Mark Milley, the former chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who has feuded in highly public spats with President Trump, was taken down in the Pentagon on Monday. A...
View ArticleWhy Biden pardoned Mark Milley ahead of Trump taking office
Former President Biden's preemptive pardon for retired Gen. Mark Milley, the former chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will give the retired military official a shield against any action that...
View ArticleTrump revokes Biden-era order allowing transgender members to serve in military
President Trump on Monday, in his first executive order, revoked dozens of Biden-era actions, including one that allowed members of the transgender community to serve in the military. In a signing...
View ArticleTrump authorizes military deployment plan to border in executive order
President Trump on Monday night signed an executive order authorizing the U.S. military to draft a plan for sending troops to the southern border. The order authorizes U.S. Northern Command...
View ArticlePentagon sending 1,500 troops to secure US-Mexico border
The Pentagon is sending up to 1,500 troops to help secure the southern border as President Trump pushes to stem the tide of migrants entering the country. Acting Defense Secretary Robert Salesses is...
View ArticleCyber defense experts share warnings at hearing
*{box-sizing:border-box}body{margin:0;padding:0}a[x-apple-data-detectors]{color:inherit!important;text-decoration:inherit!important}#MessageViewBody...
View ArticlePentagon to support deportation flights, construct barriers in border deployment
The U.S. military will support deportation flights and intelligence collection and help construct barriers when 1,500 active-duty troops deploy to the southern border and begin work in the next two...
View Article